- Go to https://business.facebook.com/adsmanager/
- If you don’t have an Ads Manager account setup already, it should prompt you to do so from here. Just follow the simple steps and get your payment details added.
- Click on the green ‘Create’ button on the top left
- Choose ‘Traffic’ as your campaign objective
- Name the campaign and click next to create the ad set
- Name the ad set, then under ‘Conversion Location’ set ‘Website’ as the destination
- Set your audience. (PRO Tip: You can set up lookalike audiences from people that already engage with your Instagram account, Facebook page or visited the website. These are new audiences of people that are similar to those who have already engaged with your brand). You can choose to select your target audience based on locations, interests and other factors should you wish.
- Remove all placements that aren’t Instagram
- Go to next and create the ad (make sure your Instagram account is selected).
- When creating the campaign, make sure you’re utilising the content to really drive new followers, and think about why someone might want to follow. What will you be showing them? What deals/offers can they gain from it? What are you about to announce? Try using an engaging short video that includes the call to action to click the link and follow within the content.
- Set the website URL as your Instagram profile URL
- Launch your campaign!
Sadly, you won’t be able to track exactly how many new followers you’ve gained from the campaign, but if this is your objective then could be worth a try!
At least this way you’re bringing through your target audience and encouraging them to follow the account, rather than purchasing followers that will never result in new business.